Thursday, August 13, 2009 at 4:35AM
- The O’Neill National Critics Institute (NCI) is a boot camp for theatre critics that runs in conjunction with the O’Neill National Playwrights Conference and the National Music Theater Conference.
- USC Annenberg’s School of Journalism’s NEA Arts Journalism Institute in Theater & Musical Theater chooses a select group of critics, editors, A&E and features writers from newspapers and TV/radio from around the country to participate in this week-long program in Los Angeles. The Theater and Musical Theater Institute at USC Annenberg is one of three NEA Journalism Institutes, along with the Institute for Music and Opera at Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism in New York and the Institute for Dance at the American Dance Festival in Durham, North Carolina.
- Columbia University’s National Arts Journalism Program offers mid-career fellowships.
Sites of Interest
- Dance Critics Association
- Theatre Communications Group
- About Last Night
- NY Times Arts Beat (theater and more)
- Critic-o-Meter (“grades” NY productions)
- Playblog (Playbill blog)