SELECTED THEATER RESOURCES
- wikipedia.org – multilingual, globally crowd-sourced encyclopedia
- thetheatretimes.com – a global theatre portal launched in 2016
- performap.com – an interactive digital map of theatre and performance festivals
- ovrtur.com – data on worldwide musical productions
- castalbums.org – crowd-sourced database of cast recordings, soundtracks and other media
- ibdb.com – The Internet Broadway Database is maintained by the Broadway League and contains information on Broadway productions and national tours of plays and musicals including entries for performers (opening night and replacement casts), authors, producers, creative and technical staff, awards and nominations, and song lists for musicals. The database also contains season-by-season lists, theater histories and more.
- playbill.com – Maintained by the publishers of Playbill, the main site contains news, promotional information, and ticketing resources for Broadway, Off-Broadway, national tours, and productions on West End in London. Valuable sub-sections include:
- Show Listings – in-depth current hyperlinked listings to global productions and ticketing
- Playbill Vault – a searchable database of productions past and present service by the Playbill magazine including scanned pages of cast, credits, and artist biographies.
- lortel.org – Maintained by the Lucille Lortel Foundation and focused on Off-Broadway history and productions. Valuable sub-sections include:
- iobdb.com – Internet Off-Broadway Database, a searchable database of Off-Broadway productions.
- broadwayleague.com — The Broadway League, Official Website of the Broadway Theatre Industry. Press Resources, Programs, and Research and Statistics.
You can find the publicist of record for any Broadway show by visiting its page on the Internet Broadway Database and scrolling to the last segment of the production staff credits, just before the opening night cast list. Major Broadway press relations include:
Please email us to suggest additional entries or sections for this resource.