Chicago schedule, Day 3
June 15, Friday
– 9:30AM, Chicago Shakespeare Theater, Skyline Room (6th floor), continental breakfast.
– 10:15AM-11AM, Chicago Shakespeare Theater, welcome from artistic director Barbara Gaines and executive director Criss Henderson; presentation of Osborne and Primus awards to playwrights Darren Canady and Caridad Svich.
– 11AM-Noon, Chicago Shakespeare Theater, Perspectives in Criticism: Wall Street Journal critic Terry Teachout discusses The Power of Enthusiasm.
– 1:45PM-3:15PM, “Diversity at the Top,” panel discussion, Theater Wit, 1229 W. Belmont, with artistic directors Chay Yew (Victory Gardens), Bonnie Metzgar (About Face) and Lili-Anne Brown (Bailiwick Chicago).
– 3:30PM-5:00PM, “The Permanent Avant-Garde,” panel discussion, Theater Wit, with representatives of the Curious Theatre Branch, the Neo-Futurists and Theater Oobleck.
– 5PM-7PM, dinner on your own at one of the many casual and modestly-priced Belmont Avenue restaurants, with Mexican, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, deep-dish pizza and American cuisines among the options … and a Vienna Pure Beef hot dog stand!
– 7:30PM, selection of Off-Loop shows by three different theatre companies in the Theater Wit performance spaces.
– 10PM-?, late-night options for comedy, magic and clubs.