Welcome to Chicago, bright and brawny!
That’s what Chicago felt like Tuesday, with or without the big shoulders, with five days of plays and old friends ahead at the 2012 ATCA annual conference.
SCHEDULE, Day 1, Wednesday, June 13
* Executive Committee meets, 10AM-3PM, Club Quarters Hotel.
* Arrivals, members and guests at Conference hotels; free time.
* Some leisure options: 11AM-1:30PM, open rehearsal of Grant Park Symphony Orchestra, Pritzker Pavilion, Millennium Park (free); 12:15PM-1PM, Dame Myra Hess Memorial Concert (chamber music), Preston Bradley Hall, Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington St. (free).
* 5PM-6:20PM, Opening Reception, Harris Theater Roof Garden, 205 E. Randolph Street, Millennium Park. BE PROMPT! Hosted by Michelle T. Boone, Commissioner, City of Chicago Dept. of Cultural Affairs and Special Events; we must leave at 6:20PM for the Goodman Theatre.
* 7PM, The Iceman Cometh, Goodman Theatre, 170 N. Dearborn Street (and yes, it gets out just before midnight!) … some of the faint of heart have chosen other options.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.